Sunday 26 September 2010

Katrine


This wasn't what I had intended my next post to be.

To read of the passing of an ex-boss brought back some happy memories of such a particular time and events.

Catherine -or as we called her, 'Katrine', always used to make Mr Blossom so welcome in the shop when he would come to meet me from work. For all the salubrious setting and clients, she would usher him in, in his work clothes and get him a stool to sit on while he would wait for me. We'd then cross over the road to the churchyard and watch Concorde flying in to Heathrow. 20 past 6, on the dot.

My thoughts go out to Sayeed and her two girls.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss darl x She sounded like a lovely lady, sending strength to her family x x x
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such sad news. She sounds like a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss!! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete