Friday 28 June 2013

30 Day Snap - Day 28

 Homemade chili con carne and Jersey Royal potatoes.

 
Made from scratch and given the seal of approval by two cheeky cats!!
 

 
Realised I hadn't actually bought any chillies to put in it (!), so scooped out a few tiny dried ones from my pot of fancy sea salt! Tasted yummy.
 
When I was a student my bedsit had 2 gas rings and a grill, so 'mince' was made up into a variety of dishes. I swore I'd never do it again! But I wanted to get back into making meals from scratch and that I could freeze so, when I get stuck at not getting out and going shopping I had something decent to scoff. I think I'll get 4 portions out of what I made, so that's pretty good going.
 
I also want to get back into eating more pulses, so kidney beans was a good start.
 
There's a few spuddies left over so I'll probably sauté them tomorrow with a bit of bacon for brunch.
Sorted!
Z xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment