Tuesday 4 November 2014

Holiday On A Plate

So, a week in Plymouth, been and gone. As always, much too quickly! Especially when I didn't get down there earlier in the year when the railway line has disappeared into the sea overnight at Dawlish!
 
 
Better weather than had been forecasted meant that a couple of these were consumed at the café on The Hoe at the end of our road.
 
 
This cute little fella was a logo maybe, on the alarm box of the building next to the café.
 I do like a penguin!
 
 
Freshly cooked haddock at the other end of the road.
 Bloody lovely!
 
 
Mr West Hoe Fryer himself in the black T-shirt. Always calls out 'Hello Ballet' when we come in! Which this week was three times!!!

 
More fish, this time smoked mackerel and spring onion doorsteps at The Boathouse, down at The Barbican. 

 
OMG! I wore a skirt! By the steps at The Barbican, from whence The Mayflower set sail.
 
 
Christmas lunch in a sandwich box, at the café in Dunelm. Going there was 'my treat' for the last 2-3 years, until I found out they had opened a store at home. It's good, but not the same and old habits die hard.
 

 
Sorry about the picture quality of these shots from The Walrus; dark interiors and the flash just about kills the colour, but you'll get the gist!
 
This was a proper roast beef Sunday lunch. Mr B got double mashed swede as I really don't like it, but the rest of the meal was perfect.
 


 Liver and bacon for a teatime meal. Again, totally yummy.
 
The pub has new owners and I wish them well. They deserve it!


And they have the pinkest ladies loos I have ever seen!
 
Thank goodness I tend to walk quite a lot when I am in Plymouth...otherwise I think I would have to be rolled all the way home to Northampton!
Zxx


12 comments:

  1. Great post- really looks a lovely time, esp lovely food!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time - I spent most of half term down in Cornwall too.

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The West Country is just wonderful, isn't it?
      Zxx

      Delete
  3. You look fab in a skirt, you should wear them more often, you've got gorgeous legs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Miss Vix! The fiver's in the post!!
      Zxx

      Delete
  4. Wow what a lovely lot of food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! Yummy, yummy, yummy, all in my tummy! (Must do more exercise!!)
    Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, making me hungry! Love that pink loo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to ask them where the loo seat came from, but forgot! Guess I'll Google it instead.
    Zxx

    ReplyDelete