Monday 10 November 2014

What I Bought (not a lot!) & What I Wore

Other than my favourite homemade meringue and coffee I managed to restrain myself and just bought this great collection of knitting needles and bits.
 
 
Those pretty green needles are exactly the right size for my sock knitting. Having decided the 'what'll hold a lot will hold a little' idea really doesn't work for knitting needles (the phrase of being poked in the eye with a big stick comes to mind!) I am sure am chuffed to have got these; and just as I go from knitting on 4 needles to 3 too. (Which, if you don't knit really means you need 5 or 4 needles ie. your knitting is spaced over however x needles but you actually need an extra one to knit with!!
 
 
I bought this wear-around-your-neck magnifying glass from Hobbycraft, when down in Plymouth, as even with/without my glasses I am finding it increasingly hard to see the stitches. I haven't used it yet but it has 2 LED lights as well, so should work a treat! I take embroidery away with me but couldn't even suss out what I'd done next to the pattern, so gave up on it!!
 

And this is what I wore.
 
My baby scorpion earrings were a gift from one of Mr Bs' work colleagues a couple of Christmases ago. Never worn them; they were just waiting for me to get the Gudren cardi I think.  The 'fur' stole was a sale buy from Dotty Ps from a while ago.
 
See, this 'if-you-don't-wear-it-for-a-year' rule really doesn't work. If you buy it cos you love it, wear it a bit, don't wear it for a long time then bring it out again, sometimes those 'bits' just really come together. These items weren't bought separately with the idea of wearing them together; but somehow my eye just alights on things that 'go'.
 
(And please ignore the 'walker', ironing board and other assorted paraphernalia in the background. Hastily shot photos in the one bit of space I could find!)
Zxx


7 comments:

  1. Lovely print on your top, and I agree, sometimes things have to find the right partners to really work, and that can take time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can wait months to find the right thing to wear with something else. Love the colours on that top. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a fun top...pea pods, carrots radishes and some green thing shaped like a pear!
    Love it!
    Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. It always makes me go 'wheee' it's just such a fun print!
      Zxx

      Delete
  5. I totally don't believe that rule either- sometimes the weather just doesn't work out for something either!
    I love your turquoise fur collar,beautiful but I am DEATHLY afraid of scorpions, seriously, so I am NOT looking at your earrings!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel quite brave wearing them!! At least when I wear them I can't see the little devils!
      Zxx

      Delete